Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education, (declared as Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956) Tumkur, was established vide MHRD GOI No. F.9-31/2006-U.3 (A) dated: 30/05/2008 of Govternment of India. Sri Siddhartha Medical College and Sri Siddhartha Dental College have been functioning as constituent colleges of Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education since 01/06/2008.
SRI SIDDHARTHA EDUCATION SOCIETY (SSES) was founded by late Sri H M Gangadhariah also the founder secretary of the society, with the blessings of saint and seer, the father of “Bhoodan movement” Sri Vinobha Bhave in 1959, has made a leap in the field of education. The Society which started as a residential school in a village near tumkur then established several nursery, primary and high schools including Pali schools in the later years. It further expanded its domain to Technical, Medical and Dental Education. Today the total number of institutions runs by the Society crosses 85 with a total students strength of more than 16000 and staff strength 1800. The main objective of the society is to “REACH THE UNREACHED” in the field of Education.