National Service Scheme popularly known as NSS is a Government funded program initiated on September 24, 1969, during the Gandhi Centenary Year. Initially started in 37 universities involving 40,000 volunteers, the scheme has grown over the years and has an involvement of more than 2.6 million volunteers spread over 200 Universities, Polytechnics and +2 Systems.
The Motto of NSS "NOT ME BUT YOU" reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless service. NSS helps the students develop appreciation to other person`s point of view and also show consideration to other living beings.
Sri Siddhartha Academy of Higher Education started NSS activities at its constituent colleges with important objectives of identifying the needs & problems of the community & involve them in problem-solving and to develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility. It helps the students to acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes, to develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and practice NATIONAL INTEGRATION and SOCIAL HARMONY.
We have 3 NSS Units spread across the constituent college with a strength of 300 NSS volunteers(Medical, Dental and Engineering Students) and 3 NSS Program Officers.
NSS Advisory Committee
- Report- April-2021 - March-2022
- Report- April 2020 - March 2021
- Report- April 2019 - March 2020
- Report - April 2018 - March 2019
- 126th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
- Observation of International Yoga Day -21 -06- 2017
- Report - April 2017 - March 2018
- Report - April 2016 - March 2017
- Report - April 2015 - March 2016
- Report - April 2014 - March 2015
- Report - April 2013 - March 2014
NATIONAL CADET CORPS
The N.C.C. aims at inculcating in students a spirit of discipline and a willingness to serve the country. Boys & Girls can get themselves admitted to the N.C.C. in the beginning of each academic year. The cadets are given regular training in the college and at camps. Examinations are held and merit certificates are awarded.
The present day NCC under ministry of Defence came into existence on 16 Apr 1948through NCC act XXXI, 1948. It was one of the recommendations of a committee headed by DR H.N. Kuzru that the corps was formed. NCC was formally inaugurated on 15 Jul 1948 as soon as the schools colleges reopened after summer vacation. The Girl division of NCC was started in Jul 1949. In 1950 Air Wing was added on Apr with one Air squadron each at Bombay and Kolkata. The Naval wing of the NCC was raised in Jul 1952, thus completing the true representation of all services in the corps. “Unity and Discipline" as motto for the NCC was taken in the Central Advisory Committee (CAC) held on 12 Oct 1980.
- WE THE CADET OF THE NATIONAL CADET CORPS,
- DO SOLOEMNLY PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL ALWAYS UPHOLD THE UNITY OF INDIA.
- WE RESOLVE TO BE DISCIPLINED AND RESPONSIBLE CITIZEN OF OUR NATION.
- WE SHALL UNDERTAKE POSITIVE COMMUNITY SERVICE IN THE SPIRIT OF SELFLESSNESS AND CONCERN FOR OUR FELLOW BEINGS.
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain, Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain
Apni Manzil Ek Hai,
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ek Hai,
Ho, Ho, Ho, Ek Hai.
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain.
Kashmir Ki Dharti Rani Hai,
Sartaj Himalaya Hai,
Saadiyon Se Humne Isko Apne Khoon Se Pala Hai
Desh Ki Raksha Ki Khatir Hum Shamshir Utha Lenge,
Hum Shamshir Utha Lenge.
Bikhre Bikhre Taare Hain Hum Lekin Jhilmil Ek Hai,
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ek Hai
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hai.
Mandir Gurudwaare Bhi Hain Yahan
Aur Masjid Bhi Hai Yahan
Girija Ka Hai Ghariyaal Kahin
Mullah ki Kahin Hai Ajaan
Ek Hee Apna Ram Hain, Ek hi Allah Taala Hai,
Ek Hee Allah Taala Hain, Raang Birange Deepak Hain Hum,
lekin Jagmag Ek Hai, Ha Ha Ha Ek Hai, Ho Ho Ho Ek Hai.
Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain, Hum Sab Bharatiya Hain.
Application for Enrolment
- A student desirous of being enrolled in the Senior Division shall apply to the Officer Commanding of the nearest NCC Unit in the prescribed form through the Head of the Institution.
- Medical fitness certificate
- Parents’ consent to the conditions of service
For more information contact:
Lt. Dr. H V Jayaprakash
Associate NCC Officer (ANO)
Mob : 9980734834